IGNITE is a 78 member Choir and we invite anyone with zeal to sing and meet new people to come and join us. No audition – just a note in your head is all you need!
We are a community choir. We sing on Sunday in St. Joseph’s Church, Presentation Road, Galway.
We rehearse every Thursday at 7.30pm, also in St. Joseph’s. (arrive for 7:20pm) All you need to do is arrive to call Keara 0879007003 and let her know you’ll be attending rehearsal!
Rules & General House Keeping.
- Time keeping. Rehearsals start at 7:30pm and Mass 12pm. Please arrive 7:15pm before rehearsal and 11:30am on a Sunday
- No Children are allowed in the gallery during mass.
- Every member must have their own songbook.
- Notice to MD appreciated to non-attendance.
- All bottles/ wrappers and tissues to be removed from gallery after mass.
- Help appreciated to putting away of gear after rehearsals/events/mass.
- Members should have positive attitude and sense of great expectation and should encourage each singer when singing solo especially for the first time.
- Please refrain from talking excessively during rehearsal/mass/events as it is distracting and disrespectful.
- Choir members that miss more than 4 rehearsals in a row need to contact MD or they will be removed from email/text lists for updates until further communication is made.
- Bullying/ back biting/disrespect/emotional blackmail/unfriendly behaviour is not tolerated in this choir.
- If you are not willing to participate properly in the choir (Standing, clapping, learning lines, teamwork) this may not be the choir for you.
- Dress code for events is hoodies. If you don’t have one yet, please wear all black. This includes mass.
- Do not chew gum when singing, at events or rehearsal.
- No texting during rehearsals. Phone however can be used to record lines.
- We strive to keep IGNITE a source of positivity and productivity. Negative attitudes and ‘lazy’ mentalities are not acceptable.Be kind to one another.
- It is understood that IGNITE is a choir made up of people from every walk of life and in different places regarding faith. Staying true to our purpose of being a source of positivity, prayer, faith, and spirituality, we ask that all participants act in a mature, hardworking and respectful manner to uplift and encourage themselves and others in their walks of life.
- IGNITE is a Community Gospel choir, open to all.
- The purposes of the choir are to bring people together to learn new skills, be a part of a team, give something back to the community. It is also for the individual growth, healing and self-awareness. It is for making friends, experiencing something new and achieving new things together as a group.
- Remember that sing is proven to lower stress, relieve anxiety and elevate endorphins. After singing with IGNITE you will feel rejuvenated
- It is understood that the MD will need to assertive in order to direct the choir as a whole. Do not take Constructive criticism personally. It is for your benefit and the benefit of the choir.